About Curtin University, Malaysia
Curtin University, Malaysia is located in Miri, Sarawak. It is the largest international campus of Curtin University, a university based in Perth, Western Australia. Curtin University, Malaysia operations in Miri commenced in February 1999. For details, please click here.
Miri, also known as the Oil Town is the second largest city in Sarawak after Kuching. The city is located in the northeastern Sarawak and near the border of Brunei. Miri boasts a diversified population, which consists of Malay, Chinese, Iban, Kedayan, Bidayuh, Melanau, Kelabit, Lun Bawang and other ethnic groups. The total population of Miri is around 364,561. Miri is the gateway to northern Sarawak, especially tourists from Brunei and Sabah. For Ecotourism, Miri is also home to some of the popular national parks in Sarawak like Gunung Mulu National Park, Loagan Bunut National Park, Lambir Hills National Park, Niah National Park, and also Miri-Sibuti Coral Reef National Park.
Points of interest in Miri
- Paragon Lutong Hotel (http://paragonlutong.com): 7.6 km to Curtin University’s campus.
- Imperial Palace Hotel (http://imperial.com.my): 15.3 km to the campus.
- Grand Palace Hotel (http://www.grandpalacehotel.com.my): 15.9 km to the campus.
- Dynasty Hotel (http://www.dynastyhotelmiri.com.my): 16.9 km to the campus.
- Meritz Hotel (http://www.meritzhotel.com.my): 17 km to the campus.
- Imperial Hotel (http://imperial.com.my): 17.2 km to the campus.
- Mega Hotel (http://www.megahotel.com.my): 17.3 km to the campus.
- Hotel Nur Miri: 17.4 km to the campus.
- Pullman Miri Waterfront (http://www.pullmanhotels.com/gb/hotel-9731-pullman-miri-waterfront-/index.shtml): 18.4 km to the campus.
- Parkcity Everly Hotel (http://miri.theeverlyhotel.com): 19.7 km to the campus.
- Miri Marriott Resort & Spa (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/myymc-miri-marriott-resort-and-spa): 20.2 km to the campus.
- Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club (https://www.eastwoodvalley.com): 20.8 km to the campus.